Good news and bad news...
Bryan and I are thrilled to announce that we are expecting our first! Look for a little Carbol-Ritcey in August!
Bryan was the one to break the news to everyone at Mom and Dad's on Christmas Day. It took a bit to get everyone into the same room (leave the gravy Mom!) Once everyone was settled, he said to everyone, "We have some good news and some bad news. The good news is, in the New Year some of you are going to be grandparents. The bad news is that the rest of you get to be aunts and uncles and cousins. "
I don't think we could have given a better Christmas present. Everyone was so happy (and suprised!) to hear our news.
We wanted to tell the family all at once, but since Craig is in China, and because his birthday is right before Christmas, we did tell him first. Or so we thought. I emailed him on the 15th so he would get the email on Friday the 16th, his 31st birthday. The email went something like this:
We have a present for you, but you will be getting it a bit late. In about 7 months. You're going to be an uncle! We are so excited, but have decided to tell the family on Christmas Day when we are all together. Can you keep a secret for 9 days?
Friday goes by, no email or call. Saturday, no email or call. Sunday, the same. At this point I wonder if he actually received the email. So I sent a quick note to ask if he got the email I sent on his birthday, and that he could call pretty much anytime during the week as I would be home. On Monday he finally called. He asked how everyone was, and how our Christmas shopping was going. It was at this point that I realized he hadn't really read the email in full...so I told him he needed to read it again, and then told him he was going to be 'Uncle Craig'. He wasn't sure how he completely missed that in the email... Anyway, Uncle Craig is thrilled too.
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so happy for you!!!
So...how are you feeling? How many weeks are you? I really recommend www.babycenter.com They send you weekly emails on your little one's growth and stages.
I am happy to talk pregnancy, or baby stuff ANYTIME you want!!
YAY! You have to get used to the titles "Mom" and "Dad" sometime ... I'll be happy to help !! Congratulations ! I second Dallas's offer to talk babies anytime too ... :-) I can't wait to be "Auntie Tracy" for real !!!
Hello! Congrats! What happy news! Thanks so much for your kind comment, and I'm feeling all shy now like a neighbour who dropped by to borrow some sugar and you just answered the door in a towel, so I'll mumble thanks and leave quickly.
Post a Comment