
The dreaded morning sickness has passed. It's been 6 days since I have had any issue with this, so I think I can safely say it's over. Thank goodness!
I can now move on to enjoying the next few months, getting ready for the little one.
We have a lot to do, starting with the baby's room and then moving on to the basement reno. I have to talk to the bank for the best options we have for financing, and then we'll start planning the reno in earnest.
We bought some dressers at IKEA, and have started to move things around a bit. We're donating some furniture (from the era known as 'early Bonnie and Brian') and paring things down so we can both use the closet in the master bedroom - the other will soon be full of baby and toddler stuff.
We painted the spare room a pretty purply-blue color last year, and will keep it the same, as it would work for a girl or a boy (no pale pink here!) We both love bright clear colors, so we will work with the blue and add greens, reds and purples in bedding and other accessories. I would love to do a garden theme, with flowers and bugs etc, but we really haven't discussed this yet. What I do know is that the infants bedding I have seen is pale, pasty and cutesy, and just isn't me. I may have to pull out the sewing machine and make my own stuff, because I just can't justify the cost of the pre-made stuff, and I can't stand the colors I've seen so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment