Well today was one emotional state after another, this morning I was completely nerves. Barely managed to eat before the appointment in the early afternoon. Then when we get there, Carries' name is called and then as I go to go with her, I am told that someone will come and get me when its time. So once again I sit with Carries' personal effects (coat, hat, scarf) and wait, and then as time passes, and believe me, it felt like A LOT OF TIME. So much time that the youngish couple seated near me practicing their Czech, and giving each other a smooch, which honestly; in a waiting room office, with me there, I wanted to tell them; well I think you might have a good idea.
So FINALLY, a nurse does come along and ushers me into the room, lights out, Carrie laying on her back in a blue gown and then puts some gel on her belly and starts to show us everything.
And I'll share something with all of you, until that moment, I have not felt excitement about our growing baby in my wife's womb, I've been kind of standoffish; for lots of reasons, but that's all done and gone.
I'm bloody EXCITED!
And I am extremely happy as well.
It totally dawned on me today, a scant few months, and I'll be a dad.
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment