My brother flew back to Asia today. First stop Vancouver, then Norita outside of Tokyo, then back to Dalian. We had a great visit - many family dinners, a great weekend at the lake, some shopping and great talks. I really miss having him here - can't wait until the summer when he comes home - hopefully he'll be here a bit longer. (At least in North America!)
A month after he gets home, he'll be an uncle! We have our first ultrasound on Thursday, so I have promised to send him a picture of his niece or nephew. He made me promise to read to the baby. I think we'll wait a bit, as it's a bit odd talking to my sweater...not much of a bump at this point. Once the peanut is here, there is no question of reading to or not reading to! Mom and dad always did this for us, and I know that having a child of my own will make me appreciate the gift of reading even more. Oh the places we will go...
Today was Valentine's Day, not one of my favorite holidays, but it's growing on me again. Last year, knowing that I'm not one for Valentine's Day, Bryan left me 63 (yes, 63) post it notes all over the house telling me why he loves me. It was perfect! This year was no exception - I came home to beautiful red roses, chocolate and some other treats. We had a romantic dinner of...wait for it...heart shaped pizza from Boston Pizza. Not very original, but we both love pizza, and they donate money to the Heart and Stroke Foundation, so it all goes to a good cause.
One more day and it's ultrasound day! Can't wait!
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment