Sunday, February 05, 2006

Ok, the blog is not cooperating, so a new post...

We were able to get our new dressers from Ikea, and they are all up and ready for clothes etc.

The fun part of my day was going to Old Navy to look at some maternity clothes. The Saturday paper had a flyer featuring their baby and toddler clothes, and 25% off new maternity clothes. A couple of the things looked cute, and since we were going to be in the area, I thought I would see what was there, and try some of them on. Well thank you Old Navy for having nothing from the flyer in the store. I did manage to find a pair of jeans (95% of the jeans they had in the maternity section were size xs and s!) and a couple of tshirts. When the clerk asked if I found what I was looking for, I told her that it was a bit disappointing that there was almost no selection in the maternity wear. She said it "wasn't really an area of focus" for Old Navy. So why put out a flyer featuring it? I asked her to pass on to her manager that if a store is going to put out a flyer with these items, they should expect that people will come in looking for it - the store should have the stock. Not that my comments will make a difference, but someone has to know. She still cheerfully took my $100...

Gotta love retail.

(...and no, I did not have a "Second Cup moment"...I was very nice and very polite while voicing my concerns)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Know what, I actually told the clerk the same thing when I was there shopping for mat clothes a couple weeks ago. There was no flyer at the time but they had nothing! Maybe a dozen pairs of pants, all odd ball sizes (and velvet to boot) and a few shirts. When I saw their flyer this weekend I got excited and was going to check back again but I won't bother. Sounds like they won't have the stuff there anyways. Thanks for the heads up! I did however check Thyme, they have lots of selection, quite pricy though. But hey, you are only pregnant once in a while right! Splurge! I seem to have the opposite mind set of most pregos though. Mind over matter, if I look good (while having a big belly) then i'll feel good:) Good luck! PS - Tried GAP Maternity line as well, not available in Edmonton. Only online for here.