Call Guinness...or just drink some for me...
I just about fell off my chair. You'll never guess who called on Friday. Yes folks, Babies'r'Us. We finally have a crib. They called and left me a message that they had one on hold for me, so Bryan and I borrowed the truck from Mom and Dad and went and picked it up.
When I got back from swapping the truck for my car, Bryan said that Babies'r'Us called to see "If we were still interested..." Bryan told them the crib was currently sitting 10 feet away from him in our front hall... Okay, so they aren't that organized, but at least we have a place for Peanut to sleep, and another piece of furniture to chase Leocat off. We are getting him a special basket that will be in the baby's room, so he doesn't try to sneak into the crib. I'm sure there will be a few incidents.
Another miracle: (well not a miracle, but a pretty good thing anyway) Bryan voluntarily mowed the lawn. And I didn't even ask! I don't think it would pass the Brian Carbol school of groundskeeping, but it's done. (He missed a few spots...)
And we discovered wasps. I hate wasps with a passion, it is my one irrational fear. What's worse is they were IN one of my planters. Not on, in. So we drowned them. Hopefully they are gone, or I will never be able to use my front door again.
Small victories.