Wednesday, May 10, 2006

So we are starting to get things together for the baby's room. Some things are coming together really well. I found some great fabric for the crib bumpers, and have found matching things here and there. It would be really nice if the furniture gods would bless us, as the crib is another story.

I told you about the crib in a previous post. Well, it looks like our little one will have to sleep in a drawer. I'm not kidding. Babies 'R' Us has a beautiful new catalog out - the crib we love is the first one featured in this new catalog. Three weeks ago I went to the store to see if they had one. No stock, so I asked the clerk to check other stores for me. Not a single one to be had in any Alberta store, and none on order. Great thing to feature in a catalog folks...Special order? Nope, it's a 'regular stock' item. To me, this means that you actually have to have it in stock, or at least on order. Not at Babies 'R' Us. I emailed their so-called customer service department to ask if they could transfer one in for me from BC, or if they could make an exception and special order it in. Four emails and two weeks later, they are still telling me to keep checking on line or at a local store. They still haven't answered on the special order or transfer question, so I gave up and emailed the manufacturer. They responded the NEXT DAY (wow, real customer service!) and told me that I can get the crib at the Bay. I called the Bay today, and they told me it's a minimum 10 week order. These are made in Vancouver. So unless they are sending each side of the crib indidually, via marmot express over the mountains, I can't see how it would take 70 days for a crib to be put in a truck or even a rail container, to make it's way from Vancouver to Edmonton.
I emailed the manufacturer again to see if they know of any other retailer that can get it to us sooner.

On a lighter note, Auntie Amy took us shopping, and bought Peanut his/her baby shower gift. Amy is moving to Norman Wells NWT in the next couple of months, so she won't be around for the shower after the baby is born. She bought Peanut an Excersaucer, some froggie bath stuff, and two stripey jumpers. Here's the Excersaucer.


More adventures in furniture coming soon...


PS - Only 13 weeks to go...

1 comment:

missmarble said...

GRRR - the manufacturer emailed back and told me to try...wait for it....Babies 'R' Us.

This baby will be sleeping in a laundry basket...