Stanley Cup - here we come! Raffi scored the winning goal for us...what a game!
I don't think that Peanut will have any issue with loud noises after tonight's game.
One of the girls at work is leaving, so we surprised her by showing up for the 'dinner' Tracy was taking her out to at the pub next to our store. Coincidentally, it was Game 5 of the conference final between Edmonton and the not-so-Mighty Ducks. She'll never forget her going away!
The bar was loud and wild and a ton of fun! I had to tell Tracy that if the excitement put me into early labor, that my OB's telephone number is programmed into my cell phone...Everything was and is fine. I drank way too much Coke and water, to the point that the men's washroom was looking appealing...Bylaws need to be changed everywhere, women's washrooms MUST be at least 2/3 bigger than the men's.
At least I wasn't drinking beer like the other pregnant woman in the bar. Yes, beer. Didn't notice she was pregnant until she lifted her shirt to show her new maternity jeans off to her bar buddies. Nice... Then again, maybe she felt pressured to drink because of the waitress. Becky and Tracy still had to work and drive tonight, and I'm pregnant, so we were all drinking Coke or iced tea. To save time, the waitress was bringing out 2 and 3 refills at a time. We had ordered food as well, so it's not like we weren't paying customers. After the 3rd round of double refills, she told us she would have to start charging us 'extra' because we were drinking so much pop! Hello? So stop bringing us extra pop...I think she just wanted us to order something alcoholic. I briefly flirted with the idea of rubbing my belly and telling her that the baby wanted a Strongbow, but I don't think she had much of a sense of ha-ha. She wouldn't have gotten it...
And I would have had a Strongbow sitting in front of me...
Saturday, May 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a dumb cow! I'm surprised you didn't say something to her or her manager.
That was mighty brave of you to go to a lounge during a playoff game.
If we could have found a manager, we would have...I don't think she got much of a tip...
It was really neat to be part of a crowd during the game - Bryan is still in his 'never-watching-NHL-hockey-again' snit, so I've had to watch the games by myself...cats don't count. When you're in a crowd, swearing at the game doesn't seem as bad, because everyone else is doing it too!
Post a Comment