Today was my last day at work, and the great girls I work with surprised me with a few things - flowers, cards, baby clothes and stuffed toys. Alisha told me she would paint me a ladybug for Peanut's room, and this is what I found on my desk this morning... a butterfly, a caterpillar, a lady bug and a dragonfly...
They are absolutely amazing! I can't wait to frame them
and put them up. I love that they are painted by someone I know.The colors are so vibrant, and not at all babyish, so these will work in Peanut's room now, and when he/she is going through their rock posters on the wall phase in the very distant future.
It was a bittersweet day - I was happy to finally be done work, but I will miss the fun we all have. I have been looking forward to today for a long time.
I'm finally free to spend time getting ready for this little person, and to spend some time looking after myself.
Bryan is happy that I will finally have some time to rest, both physically and mentally.
I really don't know what I will do with myself in the 2 weeks vacation I have. Hopefully Peanut won't surprise us and come too early! I have a few things planned, but really I want to do a lot of nothing. I have worked in some way or another from the time I was 12 (Babysitting the neighbor's kids - now all in their 20's!) Other than a few months here and there when I was in between jobs, this will be the first time I have ever had off from work.


I have always worked in the service industry, where I have had constant contact with the public, so the adjustment from that to spending most of my time with Peanut and more time than I'm used to with my husband, will be a bit of a challenge.
I'm glad that my dad is retired now, because he will be around when I need some adult company and conversation. Mom is going to be working less, so she will be there for me too. I'm sure it won't take a lot of convincing if I need a babysitter now and then. My brother is home for the summer, so he will not miss the arrival of the baby - I can't wait to officially call him Uncle Craig!
We'll get to spend some special time with my great aunties - they are just tickled about the baby! If Peanut wants, I'm sure that Auntie Ann would not object to sharing a birthday. We have a few birthdays in the first week of August, starting with Leocat, Auntie Ann, Molly-dog, and my mother in law Pat. Time will tell!
Looking forward to a great summer...
3 comments:
Alicia did a FABULOUS job on those !! Wow !! I miss you already ... are sure you don't want to work on monday ??? ... Yeah I thought not ...
Work? What's that? Aren't you on vacation too?
I have to go clean my house now.
Yes, I am nesting.
Actually I'm just tidying the kitchen before I go to a movie with my brother.
Impressive artwork - I thought the first one was a photograph!!!
I'm certain you will find plenty to day in the weeks leading up to Peanut's arrival and even more to do after s/he comes!
Post a Comment