Thursday, July 27, 2006


Just for fun, we left getting a rocker or glider for the baby's room to the last minute. Today I went and placed the order for it - hopefully it will be here shortly after Peanut arrives. This is what it looks like, but in cherry to match the crib, and without the ottoman... it's super comfy - important for me because it will be my spot for many, many nights to come.

We went with denim, because it was the only fabric that would not attract cat hair. Everything else was chenille, or fluffy& light in color. While it would be nice to assume that Leo will stay out of the chair, I'm realistic. They don't make a grey and orange furry fabric, so denim was the best choice.

We'll put a basket in the baby's room, with a soft pillow in the hopes that Leo will sleep there, and not try to occupy the chair or worse, the crib. He has a healthy respect for the crib now that we have had a 'discussion' about him wanting to try it out.

2 comments:

Auntie Tracy said...

A 'discussion' ... oh oh ... I remember just after Anthony was born and I couldn't find Artemis - I looked everywhere ! No cat ! I went into Anthony's room to see if he was in there, and all I could see above the bumper pad in the crib was a set of ears ... I think we had the same 'discussion' !!

sleeplessnights04 said...

I laughed so hard when I read this - I read the last line to David and we agreed - I think we had that discussion with our cats too - and they still sneak in once in a while - when Stirling isn't in it thank god! AHHH the memories, don't worry - you'll look back on this phase of your life and laugh all the way to your grave, I bet you!