Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!
Hello again, once again, it's Xmas, and once again my wife woke up first; granted this time she scooped up Lily and changed her and promptly went to feed her. But today I believe is always the day where Carrie will wake up before me, ready to start the day. It's role reversal of a sort. I am usually the one that jumps out of bed, ready to go, no grogginess, no hesitation...my lovely wife however does not; and let's leave it at that.
Christmas morning it seems, she takes on with some sort of giddy anticipation that leaves her ready to take on the day the moment she leaves our bed; and I basically slowly follow behind, rubbing my eyes.
Am I eager...or more so am I looking forward to what lay ahead as Lily ages, to her waking up perhaps at the crack of 5am shaking me awake to go witness her wanton destruction of neatly wrapped gifts left by Santa? I'm not sure, and, by the by, if they are neatly wrapped, it will be by Carrie's hand...for, as some of you are not aware, and this is my Christmas shame....
I cannot wrap.
There I said it.
It's true, I am looking into some sort of 12 step course, but I simply cannot do it; I have watched people wrap, had them give me instruction, but to no avail...my wrapping attempts still look as though someone attempted the task after 20 cups of morning coffee.
But enough of that, I am sorry to say but it's almost 7am, and my father-in-law kept telling us that we were expected to pop by at 5am, or at least he did, several times last night, and even though we are late, we best get over there so as not to disappoint.

A Merry Christmas to one and all.

No comments: