Car update...
I took the car in to the dealership to have the recall work done. Of course there was more...
Turns out the front springs were broken, as my mechanic said, but one of the back springs was broken too. They have to be replaced in pairs. The rear springs are not covered by the recall, so we had to pay for that, plus an alignment, and another issue with link bolts. I went on line to see about the link bolts, and there is a US recall for that too, so I will see if it's valid for my car, and try to get some $ back from Ford if I can. $600 later...
The dealer called this morning and said that the battery is weak and probably needs to be replaced, and would I like to do this for $140 +GST. I said no. I'm going to ask Bryan's dad if it's difficult to replace, and maybe have him do this. My regular mechanic didn't say anything about a battery issue, and I'm more inclined to believe him than the dealership. I haven't had any issues starting this car, even in -30 weather when I've forgotten to plug it in.
Why can't they make self-healing cars?
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I smell a scam about the battery issue. I don't think they are that difficult to replace - just awkward.
The expense is when your car battery dies on you - in the Totem Parking Lot when you're picking up your brother - for instance, and you have to call the AMA battery crew to come help you out.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. The dealer has been pretty helpful, but I hate it when you get the "Oh by the way, you may want to..." repair. I wish that Vince's did recall work, then I would know for sure I wasn't getting the run around. I love that they told me that it wasn't a very good battery. It's the battery that Ford put in the car when they made it, so how can it be bad? I know that they mean it is probably at the end of it's life, but please....
Bryan said he can replace it.
Post a Comment