It's been days, almost weeks...Where did she go?
Yes, I have been out of the blog-world. It's been an interesting couple of weeks.
Lily's first Christmas has come and gone. She learned to roll over from her back to her belly on the 27th - a great late Christmas present for mom and dad.
Yes, I have been out of the blog-world. It's been an interesting couple of weeks.
Lily's first Christmas has come and gone. She learned to roll over from her back to her belly on the 27th - a great late Christmas present for mom and dad.
Then she caught a cold. Well, her mom and dad caught a cold, and then gave it to her.
I thought that parts of my pregnancy were hard. I thought giving birth was hard. I thought watching Lily's first (and second) set of shots was hard. Nothing has compared to watching my sweetie with a fever; hot, sweaty, snotty, and crying inconsolably. It took a full day of nursing, and cuddling, and baths and Tylenol and cold cloths for her fever to go away. It wasn't a high fever, just enough to make her feel miserable. I think it would have been easier for me if I had been 100%, but I was sick too. So was Bryan, so there were three very tired, sick and cranky people in our house for a week. I'm just starting to get my energy back, thanks to rest, vitamins and iron supplements. Lily's back to normal, laughing and smiling. She finished off the process of rolling by learning to roll from her front to her back, so now we don't have to rescue the yelling frustrated baby that is 'trapped' on her belly. And the cool part is that Bryan got to see her do it! Dad's miss out on a lot of firsts when they are at work - I'm glad Lily saved this for a Saturday.
I have had my share of trials with the Capilano Mall parking lot. It is old, and tired and needs some love. The giant wading pool next to the Boston Pizza has been repaired, now it's just a small wading pool. (Grade is something that wasn't explained to the repair workers...) I learned about the politics of the Tim Horton's drive through the hard way, and repaired my karma by purchasing coffee for the person I cut off - really, it was an accident. I was tired of the 'dodge the senior in the gigantic Lincoln' game at the stop signs, and sent in a vent to the Journal. Really, the stop signs aren't just a suggestion. I learned not to idle the car in a no-parking zone because my neighbor up the street works for the parking bylaw section of the city, and makes a regular patrol of the lot - no ticket, just a quick exit... This past week, the parking lot got me good. What kind of gremlin chips a pothole on the other side of a speedbump? Yes, the other side.
I thought that parts of my pregnancy were hard. I thought giving birth was hard. I thought watching Lily's first (and second) set of shots was hard. Nothing has compared to watching my sweetie with a fever; hot, sweaty, snotty, and crying inconsolably. It took a full day of nursing, and cuddling, and baths and Tylenol and cold cloths for her fever to go away. It wasn't a high fever, just enough to make her feel miserable. I think it would have been easier for me if I had been 100%, but I was sick too. So was Bryan, so there were three very tired, sick and cranky people in our house for a week. I'm just starting to get my energy back, thanks to rest, vitamins and iron supplements. Lily's back to normal, laughing and smiling. She finished off the process of rolling by learning to roll from her front to her back, so now we don't have to rescue the yelling frustrated baby that is 'trapped' on her belly. And the cool part is that Bryan got to see her do it! Dad's miss out on a lot of firsts when they are at work - I'm glad Lily saved this for a Saturday.
I have had my share of trials with the Capilano Mall parking lot. It is old, and tired and needs some love. The giant wading pool next to the Boston Pizza has been repaired, now it's just a small wading pool. (Grade is something that wasn't explained to the repair workers...) I learned about the politics of the Tim Horton's drive through the hard way, and repaired my karma by purchasing coffee for the person I cut off - really, it was an accident. I was tired of the 'dodge the senior in the gigantic Lincoln' game at the stop signs, and sent in a vent to the Journal. Really, the stop signs aren't just a suggestion. I learned not to idle the car in a no-parking zone because my neighbor up the street works for the parking bylaw section of the city, and makes a regular patrol of the lot - no ticket, just a quick exit... This past week, the parking lot got me good. What kind of gremlin chips a pothole on the other side of a speedbump? Yes, the other side.
As in: car. speedbump. pothole. thunk. sproing. oh crap.
I parked the car, and went shopping anyway. We carefully drove the 2 blocks home, and left my poor car in the garage. My dad escorted me out to the mechanic's yesterday, before the blizzard hit. I got a call this morning. It may not be as bad as I thought. First, my engine light has been on for a bit. No wonder. The barometer in my car's engine thought that Edmonton was 50,000 feet above sea level. 50,000 feet - that's pretty close to being in orbit, isn't it? Needless to say, it needed to be reset. The mechanic is tuning it up as we speak. The thunk. sproing. oh crap. you ask? Well, I may be ok here. It turns out Ford recalled the 2000 Focus in 2004 (thanks for getting that info to me, ford canada...) for a front spring issue. My repair is probably all covered by the recall - apparently it's a 150,000km or 10 year recall. The receptionist at the mechanic is getting me a copy of the recall information so I can take it to the dealership for repair.
No comments:
Post a Comment