click click click...click click...click...........click.......
(silence)
unprintable expletive
That's the sound of a car with a dead battery. Luckily it died not far from home. I was at Hardisty pool to register Lily for her Starfish swim lessons, and the car rebelled. Since things come in threes, this was the last of the three. (Engine light, thunk-sproing-crap, battery) I'm blaming Healy for the battery - it was fine until I took the car there. Whatever they did, it finished the battery off...
I couldn't have been more frustrated. I had come down with another cold, my cell phone was down to one bar, Lily was fussing, Bryan was at work (sick too) and Mom and Dad went to the lake early. I drained what was left of the battery to plug in my cell phone to call Bryan, and my mom & dad. Between everyone, we figured out a plan. I paid for the swim lessons, let the pool know that my car would be left in the parking lot overnight, and walked to Mom and Dad's to pick up the truck. The plan was to drive to Walmart on Saturday to get a new battery, install said battery and return the truck, then walk back to the car, and go home.
The universe is against me this week, I think.
This afternoon we drove to Walmart. Bryan ran in because it is next to impossible to get the car seat in and out of the back seat of the truck. Bryan runs out of Walmart, sans battery. No stock. He said he tried to call me on my cell - the cell that is currently plugged in at home. He misunderstood the part number I gave him for the battery, and was not pleased that he had to look it up to find the compatible one from Walmart. When I explained that I had given him the Ford part number for that very reason, he understood. So all was well there, except the no stock issue... Then we drove to Safeway to pick up diapers, which were on sale, plus we had a coupon. Of course the only size they were out of were the size threes we wanted. Strike two!
Fortunately, there was no strike three. We drove out to the 'Park to the Canadian Tire, where Bryan was able to get the correct battery, one that comes with a bonus 2 year roadside battery service. A quick trip across Wye Road to the Safeway also met with success. The diapers were in stock! (They were $12 off the case price with our coupon - too good a deal to pass up.) Plus a bonus pint of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream for me!
We drove back, replaced the battery with no trouble, and did the car truck shuffle. Lily was pretty patient through the whole trip. That girl has been in her car seat a lot this week, with little to no fuss. She's such a good kid.
So now my car works, we have diapers and ice cream, and all is well.
Just don't ask me about tonight's hockey game...
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment