Saturday, March 17, 2007

Where does the time go?

Lily is 7 months old today. I really didn't believe all those parents that said "Enjoy it while they are little, they grow up so fast." Well, I did believe them, but I didn't think it would actually fly by like this.

7 months ago, I was trying to figure out how to dress her without turning her arm backwards, or pinching her. Now I'm trying to keep her still so she won't turn her arm backwards or roll off the changing table.

7 months ago, she looked so tiny in her crib, so lost, that we rolled up blankets to put on either side of her so she would stay in one place. Now, when we tuck her in, it's anyone's guess as to where she will end up.

7 months ago, I was wondering if I would ever get to go back to bed after feeding her. Now, I can pretty much count on a solid 7 hours of sleep at night. For both of us!

7 months ago, I was wondering how I would figure out the parenting thing. Now, I know that we all make it up as we go along, and that most of the time, it works. For the rest of it, I call my mom. She knows a lot. I knew this already, but now I know just how much she knows.

7 months ago, I didn't know how much I could love this beautiful little girl. Now I can't imagine not having her to love. She makes me so so happy.

Happy 7 month Birthday Lily!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, that was the most beautiful post I've ever read. I followed your link from LP. I have a 6 month old DD named Soleil. I can relate, isn't it truly wonderful! I love my little girl so much...you took the words right out of my mouth. Good Luck!

ps...your daughter is so adorable!

sleeplessnights04 said...

7 months already; doesn't the time fly? Enjoy being home while it lasts; I hate taking Stirling to daycare some days...but then again there are some I am thankful that option is there. Working seems to take over more of that time we have with our little ones. You wouldn't believe how much Stirling's vocabulary has grown since Christmas! And another on the way; I wish I could put life on extra slow play so I can see it all and soak it all up before it's gone. Let's get together for coffee! Call me - I'm not working at the moment, lol.

Keltie said...

Man - that picture still kills me! Too bad my son is in the background ruining it by throwing himself backwards!

The way I figure it - 7 months is nothing. Our babes will be 7 years old before we know it!

Auntie Tracy said...

7 months already ... She's growing by leaps and bounds. Soon she'll be walking, tippy-toes first! I'm so glad you're enjoying being a Mom ... :-)

missmarble said...

Evan isn't ruining anything! Lily does the exact same thing...so far she hasn't escaped.