Tuesday, July 24, 2007



Any idea what this is?


























Need a hint?
















It's blue sky! This has been a rare sight since we arrived in Victoria, but it looks like the grey skies have gone away for the rest of the week. At least according to the forecast this morning.





Lily and I took advantage of the weather to spend some time downtown. I don't think I have seen a city in such a collectively good mood. A week of rain and cold and grey skies was too much for everyone - this was a welcome change.

We wandered a bit, and then stopped for vital supplies. Diapers, a latte from Starbucks and the new Harry Potter. I also picked up a CD for Lily. The Putumayo record label, well known in the Carbol household as well as on CKUA, has a children's series. I grabbed the reggae one, and it's pretty great. If I have to listen to the same music over and over and over again, then it might as well be something I like too. You can't go wrong with Rita Marley (that would be Mrs. Bob) and Toots and the Maytals. Only Toots could make a reggae version of 'Take Me Home Country Roads' sound that funky.

As a mom, I have learned to multitask quite well. Today I almost reached my limit though. I somehow managed to carry an ice cream cone while holding Lily in the sling, pushing the stroller at the same time. We found a spot to sit, just across from the Empress Hotel. Normally I people watch, but the people were watching us instead! Cute baby + chocolate ice cream = lots of comments.





As we finished our ice cream, Lily discovered shadows, and had some fun pointing. Here was our last photo of the day...



2 comments:

Keltie said...

The way that people over there are sick of the grey skies and rain - people over here are tired of the stiffling heat!

Glad you enjoyed wandering downtown. Did you hit that fabulous book store?

Auntie Tracy said...

Bring some rain home with you !! When we were in Vancouver a couple of summers ago, we never made it out to the Island .. and I wanted to go soooooooo bad -- looks like you guys had a good day :-)