It's been a year since I have been out of the workforce. I have no idea where the time went. A year ago I was wondering what I would do with my time.
I have to say that the year has been everything I wanted it to be and so much more. I don't miss work, mainly because my real job is being a mom. Anything else is secondary to that. Today's resume would read something like this:
Employer: Lily Ritcey
Position: Chief Diaper Changing Officer
Location: Working from home.
Description: On call 24/7. Fantastic benefit program. Pay isn't great, but this is the best job I've ever had. Every day is a work day and a holiday rolled into one.
Today also marks the 11 month birthday of Miss Lily. In a few short weeks our little peanut will be a year old. I just love watching her become a little girl. She's becoming more and more independent every day; asking what things are by pointing and saying "Da?", using the sign language we have been teaching her, standing on her own, moving around and getting ready to walk. Well, I can wait on the walking. She's hard enough to contain as it is! She know what things are, and can point to them if you ask her to show you. Quite a difference from the tiny, squirming little bundle that was handed to me in the delivery room.
Love you like a bug sweetie!
1 comment:
You guys look great! I read your post from a year ago - I love my comment telling you how you will find plenty to do. Little did I know then - it would be with Evan and me!
Happy 11th Lily!
Post a Comment