Saturday, July 14, 2007

Well, we arrived safe and sound in Victoria. Our flight was delayed for an hour due to some kind of snag in Toronto, but it wasn't that bad.


A great big thanks to the amazing ticket agent who reserved and entire row for Bryan and I. It was nice to know that we could spread out and not worry about the poor person who was unlucky enough to be stuck in 'the baby row'. Lily did really really well, no tears or fussing. With 1/2 a kid's Gravol on board, she was OK. Of course the Gravol didn't kick in until we were over Kelowna, so she only slept about 40 minutes.


Barry was there to pick us up in style, in the Jag. Did you know that you can't fit 3 adults, 2 suitcases, a backpack, a diaper bag, a car seat, a stroller and a baby in a Jag sedan? Well, you can, but it involved Bryan wedged in the backseat with a very large suitcase on top of him for the 40 minute ride to the house. Next time we'll cab it to the house with our stuff. Babies require a lot of gear.


Lily vs the schnauzer will be an ongoing battle. Lily loves puppies, but puppies don't always love Lily. They will have to figure it out, with lots of love and cuddles for both.



Lily had a bit of an oops last night, when she tipped over her chair while sitting in her booster. She was pretty scared, and the bang of the chair made a lot of noise. It scared the crap out of me. I know you can't prevent every little (or big!) bump and bruise, but I should have been paying more attention to the fact that she was strong enough to use her feet to push the chair away from the table. She has a bruise on her arm, and a little goose egg on the back of her head, and probably a headache. Dinner went from bad to worse, as she was pretty upset - it took a good 15 minutes of soothing to get her to calm down. She ate a little bit, but her tummy was upset from the stress of it all, and up it came. Twice. After a change of clothes, the other 1/2 of the Gravol tablet and some cereal, a bath completed the calming process and off to bed she went. She was OK the rest of the night, and seems to be OK today.

Today Barry and Faye make their way across the world to go on their Baltic cruise. Stops in Scandihoovia, Poland, and Russia before heading back home. I'm not a cruise type person, but it would be interesting to see that part of the world, whether by train or boat.

Our tour today was supposed to be to the Saturday market, but because of my navigation we ended up in Oak Bay for lunch instead. I haven't driven in Victoria since I was 20, and the last 2 times I was here it was winter. I'm a bit rusty on my land marking, but it's coming back. Bryan has no clue where we are most of the time, so he just sits back and enjoys the view and the bells and whistles of the Jag. Lily was busy eating her sandals, she she was oblivious to the 'detour' as well.

This is going to be a fun trip. If you don't hear from us, it's because I'm lost in Saanich somewhere.

2 comments:

Keltie said...

WestJet is always good about booking the whole row. They did that for Evan and I.

Evan almost tipped himself at Dallas' once - fortunately, I was right beside him to catch the chair.

Jay said...

Have a great time in Victoria, we love it there! We are on the mainland, kinda funny to think you are closer to us at the moment!