Hello again all, I'm back and posting again for your reading pleasure I am certain. My lovely wife and I just arrived home; after spending the afternoon with my mother in-law, my father in-law and our wedding gift from Barry and Faye. That's right, we got Craiged!
At long last we got to see Craig again, if you weren't aware, Barry and Faye as our wedding present, paid for Craig to come back to Canada on this break he has from teaching. So we spent the afternoon and dinner with Craig once again. It's odd, from my standpoint, at one point I was an outsider peering in, and well, he was a standard for any Carbol gathering, and while his parents and my wife may be used to him leaving for years on end; from my standpoint it was a little odd. Not like, hey I picked orange lint out of my belly button after wearing my new black shirt odd, or like the cyclopean cat odd, but perhaps a trifle disconcerting none the less, hmm is that all one word, I do not know, see it's odd.
Anyways, it's nice to have Craig back, albeit for a short time, he's off to Mexico in another week and a bit.
Another observation, from the outsider to now insider standpoint, it's interesting to watch the reactions and see the body language of his family, and well my family now too. You can tell he was missed. All in all, it's nice to have him back.
Thanks again Barry and Faye.
And now for something completely different, I have noticed I have had increasing amounts of nervous energy lately; I believe that has to do with my impending fatherhood. I guess with each passing day it becomes more and more of a reality and is starting to make me a bit more nervous about being a father; thankfully our child won't be able to recognize any mistakes I make early on, and I am certain after changing diaper 243708432 I will become a pro at it, as well as the feedings and such, well enough of my babble...I'm done again for a bit.
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment