Tuesday, January 31, 2006

We have a heartbeat!




The appointment with the OB went really well. She's great, and made me feel really comfortable. All my initial lab work shows that I am really healthy, my blood pressure was textbook today, and the baby has a great heartbeat - 155 to 160 beats per minute.

I have an early ultrasound in 2 weeks, just to see how things are, and to check that there is only one. Because I am over 30 and my mom's sister Barb had twins, I have 2 risk factors for twins. I do hope that there is only one - I don't think I could handle two! But, as long as everyone is healthy, I guess it doesn't matter.

Can't wait until the ultrasound!

1 comment:

Dallas said...

Yeah!! I am soooo excited for you. Wasn't hearing the heartbeat for the first time just an overwhelming emotional experience. I remember thinking "OH MY GOD....THERE IS A LITTLE BABY GROWING THERE!!!!". I am so happy to hear your update. Oh, and I am THRILLED that you are NOT finding out the gender. It is soooooo amazing finding out at the same time you get to meet your little miracle. Cudos!!!