We are into the last whirlwind days of getting ready for the wedding. I have 2 days left of work (2 too many if you ask me!) Bryan has 4 days. Guys have less to do....All he has left to do is to get a haircut and pick up his suit.
Spoke to my matron of honor (this title makes me think of stout old women with tiny hats and fur collars) tonight. Everyone keeps asking me what Christine is wearing - now I have something to tell them! Black, of course - I didn't expect her to wear anything else. It will make the flowers even easier as anything will go - I'll look for something to complement my dress...which is purple. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now, but I really didn't want to go with the traditional look. I look terrible in cream, worse in white, and when someone asked me what color I would want for a dress if I could have any color I wanted I said that it would have to be a rich plummy eggplanty purple. Thus, the purple dress.
That reminds me, I have to call my dressmaker as we need to hem the dress. She is the funniest lady I have ever met - her name is Olena, and she is Russian. Very thick accent, and as sweet as can be. She's not shy, but she does ask before rearranging 'the girls' in the dress to make sure the fit is correct. She is very talented - you could wear her clothing inside out, it's so well finished. On my last visit, she told me (imagine thick Russian accent) "You bring underwear and shoes!" Fancy dresses require fancy undies and shoes...
Sunday, October 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay, this is so exciting! I can't wait to see your dress.
Post a Comment