Monday, January 03, 2011





Posted by Picasa

C is for a lot of things today. 


Construction. Closets. Child back at school.
Cheap Tuesday. Copper. Cream of Tomato.

We are in the home stretch of the never ending renovation of our basement. Today my dad came over so we could complete the framing of the bedroom closet, in preparation for the drywall that will be going up very very soon. 

Today was Lily's first day back at SSMDO, her all day school that she attends on Mondays. Every parent dropping their child off looked exactly how I felt - AT LAST! was written all over their faces.  As much as I love and adore my child, I need my Mondays off, and it's been a while since I have had one to myself. One week Lily was sick, then the next two were during Christmas break. ( SSMDO stands for South Side Mother's Day Out. Enough said.) I love this break in my week, and will miss it next year when Lily is at kindergarten. Perhaps I will be able to swing a 1/2 day of Mom's Day  Out if Lala will agree to kidnap Lily once a week. (hint hint Mom!) I don't really do anything special with the day. I usually grab a coffee, and run a few fun errands. I love to wander the aisles at Planet Organic, the Italian Centre Shop, walk through the IKEA showrooms or spend an hour or two in the stacks at Indigo; all of these things are hard to do with a curious kid that wants to touch everything.  

Today I chose to get coffee on the way to drop Lily off, then came home and tidied up a bit before Dad came to work on the basement. We completed the closet framing, and had a chance to admire the copper work that Bryan did over the weekend. This means that all my plumbing rough-ins are complete, and that I can finish up the exterior insulation that I couldn't do before. Bryan doesn't know it yet, but Thursday night after Lily's in bed, he's helping hang vapor barrier. 

Tomorrow is another busy day - Lily has preschool in the morning. (Yay!)  While she's there,  I have to run to the grocery store as it is 15% off a.k.a cheap Tuesday at Save On Foods. Back to school, back home to unload groceries and have a bite of lunch. After that I get to drop Lily off at my mom's so I can go to my brothers condo to do a grout touch up on the tiling I did for him, repair his counter top, and tackle any other handyman  sister type things that might need to be done. I always go armed with various power tools, fasteners, levels and tape measures. You never know what needs to be done, and my brother has been known to store Christmas ornaments and hair clipper attachments in his tool box. Better to arrive prepared.

Cream of Tomato you ask? My mom and dad's diet without bread, means feeding my dad lunch is a challenge. When I was at Planet Organic today I found some really really tasty (but low sodium, no gluten, &  made with skim milk) Cream of Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper soup.  I may be selling him out by telling you this, but he even had a couple of crackers with it. I knew he couldn't eat soup without crackers...

At some point in the day I need to call my contractor, measure walls and order drywall, call my electrician and hope he can swing by to fix one run of wiring, and take down all the Christmas decor. At least I don't work on Tuesday.

C is also for candle, one that I will be burning at both ends this week. 

Project  365-3

3 comments:

Auntie Tracy said...

C is for Cool !! It will be awesome once it's done .. You are so organized !!

missmarble said...

It's an illusion. C also stands for chaos, which right now, is the state of my kitchen post shopping visit.

sleeplessnights04 said...

I felt the same way sending mine back this week too! LOL I don't know why, even with all the things to do this week, I still feel like I'm on a holiday! Ha ha ha Enjoy your holiday! :o)