Friday, January 21, 2011

U is for
This is known as the dark look at our house.


Umpire. I could have used one today.

This is a face I saw a lot of today. There was a lot of harrumphing and foot stomping. We were both guilty parties. If there had been a base to throw, it would have been thrown; dirt definitely would have been kicked.  The day ended with Lily in bed early, a Bounceback Racer in toy jail and no bedtime story. Yep, I'm that mean mom. Tough love at 4 years old. It wasn't fun, but I stood my ground. 

Now to locate all the items she has relocated, 'borrowed', re-purposed or otherwise pilfered from the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. I don't want to know what or who she used my deodorant stick on. Rosie Raccoon and Beary Bear got married today, so it's possible one or both of them wanted to be spring fresh for the big event. Parenting is always a challenge - it's never boring, that's for sure.

But, tomorrow is another day. To quote one of Lily's favorite books:





"Today was a difficult day.
Tomorrow will be better."


Project 365-21

3 comments:

Auntie Tracy said...

That's amazing .. Lisa has the same face !! I wonder how they do it .. ??

missmarble said...

I can't wait to do side by side comparisons of this face at 4 and the exact same one at 14. At least I hope that Bryan takes a picture of her making this face at 14, as I will be in the south of France relaxing by the pool, drinking wine. I am skipping her puberty by going on a 6 year vacation. Wanna join me?

Auntie Tracy said...

I'm there ! We'll have to bring Keltie too .. Evan will be hitting it at the same time .. !