K is for...
![]() |
| (Many moons and many many Halloweens ago...Cruella met up with a vampire) |
Keltie. Yep, Ms Watson, you are up.
I met Keltie nearly 15 years ago when we were both working at The Body Shop. That job didn't last long for either of us, but our friendship has remained strong.
The best thing that ever happened to either of us was having our kids a couple of weeks apart. It wasn't planned that way, but what a special gift the universe tossed our way. Every child presents a unique set of parenting challenges, but it sure is helpful to have such a good friend in the trenches with you at the exact same time. Lily and Evan have a blast playing together, even when they fight like, cats and dogs, brother and sister - you get the idea. Keltie's dad likes to call them the linebacker and the dancer. And Lily isn't the dancer.
We both have an amazing support system; she is lucky to have a great network of friends that are also parents and I have family very close by and rely on them a lot for advice and support. Her own parents spend about 90% of their time at their home in Victoria, but her brother and sister in law have a really close relationship with Evan. Evan has tons of honorary Aunties and Uncles - Bryan and I are among those. It really does take a village to raise a child, and Evan has an awesome village.
As a single parent, Keltie faces challenges that I can't even imagine. It's hard enough getting myself out the door some days. I don't know how she manages to have lunches ready, kid ready, self ready and out the door by 7am so she can get Evan to daycare, drive downtown and be working by 8am. I'm barely caffeinated by 8am! She does this 5 days a week, plus soccer practice, and manages to get out to see friends and family for fun stuff too. I have a sneaking suspicion that she is really a duck. Gracefully gliding through the pond, but if you look underwater, she's paddling like crazy to get there. But she gets there, and that's what counts.
I am so proud of you, Keltie. You are a strong woman and a fantastic mom. Evan is a lucky boy to have you as his mom, and I am so lucky to call you friend.
Project 365-11

2 comments:
Love this post .. !! Keltie is a pretty awesome lady .. (like another one I know !) .. hint,hint
You are a fantastic woman Keltie! Like Carrie said, I don't know how you do it but I sure know what drives you and that is LOVE. Evan is a wonderful boy and the world is lucky to have both of you. A small world in which Keltie has know me since Kindergarten as I went to school with her brother.
Post a Comment