Tuesday, January 04, 2011

D is for drywall!


(I realize this picture has nothing to do with drywall. 
No one wants to look at a picture of drywall. 
This ornament is much prettier.
It was a Christmas gift from a dear friend, 
and I like it so much
I will be keeping it out year round...)


My drywaller called this morning to book us in for next Monday. I just have to confirm when a delivery can take place and then call him back. Wooohoooo!

I finished 99% of the exterior wall insulation today. After Bob, my electrician comes through tomorrow morning I will have it 100% done. Thursday and Friday will be vapor barrier days, with an hour or two set aside for removing staples from my ceiling joists. The previous ceiling was 12" x 12" ceiling tiles stapled to the joists. Easy to take down, but every foot or so I have a staple to remove. Luckily this only has to be done in the main room, as we are doing drop ceilings in the bedroom, Batcave and bathroom.

Alas, the Despot gets none of my money on this round, as they do not deliver into the house. I don't mind lugging in 2x4's, bales of insulation, doors or flooring in on my own, but there is no way I am hauling X sheets of 4x8 drywall into my basement. None. I will pay extra for the in home delivery, thank you very much.

One of the best parts of the drywall being done is that we will soon have another bathroom! OK, so the counter will be a temporary one, and the hall door isn't hung yet, but having another semi functional bathroom will be nice. If you have a man in your house, you will understand.

If you have a 4 year old that asks

"What is Daddy doing in there? Pooping? Again?"

in the kind of exasperated tone of voice that can only be made by an impatient 4 year old girl, you will understand even more.

And because I have picked on him, I just want him to know that the very first part of the basement to be finished will be the Batcave.

Just for him.

Did I mention it's right next to the bathroom?

Love you honey.

Project 365-4

1 comment:

Auntie Tracy said...

D is also for delivery (of said drywall), and dear (because you were picking on him). I however have 2 boys living in my house so I have Double your trouble .. Dang !! :-)