Sunday, January 09, 2011



I is for




im·pass·a·ble/imˈpasəbəl/

Adjective: Impossible to travel along or over.


That would be the roads, sidewalks and alleys in Edmonton right now. I am officially done with shovelling snow. If we have any extra money next fall, we WILL be buying a snow blower. Bryan shoveled snow yesterday, and I did some more today. We are helping our neighbor out with his walks as he is recovering from surgery and can't lift anything. That means twice as much snow to move. It's the neighborly thing to do, but it is wearing me out. Luckily I can get out of my driveway. My drywall is here, having been delivered just before the blizzard started, but my contractor can't get to his truck right now, nor could he park in front of our house so we are delaying the start by a day or two. Such is life in a winter city. 

If we hadn't shoveled at all, the snow would be to the top of my front porch. As it is, in the back yard, it's close to reaching the top level of Lily's play structure.

For comparison: (click on photo, then click again to zoom in) Lily sitting next to her play structure, and what you can see of it today after we shoveled. The perspective is a bit off as I was taking the pictures from the door. I was too cold to go outside again! 


I can't even get to the bird feeders to fill them up. You will notice that I have added a new feature to the blog. I can not wait until spring, and the days until then are many. Count with me?

Project 365-9

3 comments:

Auntie Tracy said...

I is for INSANE amount of snow .. how many days until spring ??

missmarble said...

Check out the ticker under the main photo. It's in days, hours, minutes and seconds. At time of posting it was 69 days, 20 hours, 19 minutes and 16 seconds.

Auntie Tracy said...

Ah .. now I see it .. !!