Thursday, January 13, 2011

M is for

Circle Monster, created by Miss Lily today at school.

Midway point!

I am half way through the first theme of this leg of the project. It has been both easier and harder than I thought it would be. I have to make a conscious effort to set aside time to do the writing. It's really hard to do while Lily is awake and needing my attention. Even harder when your contractor has a question, Lily needs something and your parents are calling about stuff every few minutes. They all require 100% of my attention, but I can only do one thing at a time, so there has been a bit of juggling, push and pull, and a bit of frustration. Mentally I am a wee exhausted. Thankfully, I don't work for a couple of days so I will have some time to regroup and focus.

Today Lily is in preschool and I am sitting  at the Second Cup, set up with my laptop, the newspaper, a croissant and a really large coffee. I scored some holiday treats from the Second Cup Christmas line for 50% off the regular price, and I am feeling better about the rest of the week.I'm trying not to think of all the things I need to do at home, and just relax. So far it's working. It's amazing what 45 minutes of time to yourself will do.

I should update on the renovation project. We have walls! Real ones! The drywalling is 99% done (just one side of the stairs to do) and the taping starts today. It's pretty dusty in the house, soon to be dustier. I need to tape off the landing so that we can keep the dust downstairs.

I can finally start thinking about things like paint colors and finishing details. I want to get all the painting done before any flooring goes in. Bathroom first! The bathroom fixtures are easy, but I'm still undecided on the flooring for that room. I have fallen in love with some absolutely gorgeous limestone floor tiles, but at $9 a foot, I will have to think about it.

First things first, paint the walls, then get some of the built-in's done. We are going to tart up some IKEA Billy shelving for Bryan's Batcave, Lily's craft/play area and the library section.  When we are done it will look like custom built, but without the custom built price.

So much to think about, so much to do.

Thanks for sticking with me! Any ideas for N-Z?

Project 365-13

No comments: