Saturday, January 01, 2011



 A is for Absent 

I had a conversation with my brother the other night, and we both wondered why it is that we tend to avoid doing the things that bring us the most enjoyment.

For him, he wondered why he just doesn't sit at the piano every day? And why not? It's not that hard to do, but it seems like so many other things get in the way.

For me, well it's obvious that I am avoiding writing.
Why? No idea.
How? Easy.

There is always another blog to read, website to visit, play-doh to play with, dress up costume to repair or laundry to put away. Those are just excuses though. I am on this computer every single day, so there is no reason why I can't set aside some of that time to do some writing. 

So, inspired by that conversation and by a fellow blogger, I have a year-long project in mind. Jay, a blogging mom I met while our girls were tiny, just finished a photo project called Project 365. The premise is very simple; take a picture a day, and blog about it. Sounds easy, right?

Writing is something I really enjoy doing, but when it feel like something I have to do, I shy away from writing. So, I am using this project as an opportunity to get past that feeling. I know it will be challenging. I know there will be some days when I really don't want to take that picture and don't want to write that post. Will I make it through the year? I'm pretty sure I will.

And now, the big question. Where do I start?

At the beginning, of course. The written word is a powerful thing. Every word starts with a letter, so I thought I should start at the top.

 Today's blog is brought to you by the letter A.

Project 365-1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

watching

Auntie Tracy said...

I love this idea ! Can't wait to follow along !! (I'd like to do the picture idea .. but i'm not that brave .. )