R is for
Ready or not? Lily is almost 4 1/2. While we never intended for her to be an only child this long, life and work got in the way. It's been a struggle financially, for the past couple of years. We could not have done it without the love and support of our families. A lot of things had to be delayed. Our renovation project, travel, and having a second child.
First, we don't have the space in the house for 2 kids. It's a 2 bedroom house. The basement reno completion means that Bryan and I can move downstairs. We planned the space down there for us, so that our upstairs bedroom could become a nursery, then a shared room if we had another girl. Lily's room would then become the piano room. (Piano? What piano? It's at Auntie Eleanor's right now. She has generously offered us the piano that sits in the spare room at her house. It's going to live there for a while...)
Now that we have some progress (read, walls!) downstairs, I feel like I can start thinking about what I want to do to include another person into our space and family. We don't have to buy any gear, thank goodness. I have to check the expiry date on the infant seat we have, but other than replacing that, we are set. I am flirting with the idea of cloth diapers, out of eco-consciousness and to save some money. We have a good washer now, which wasn't the case for Lily's first year of life.
Are we ready? Lily is. She talks about having a sister, and instead of telling me to put her too-small things in the Goodwill bag, she asks me to put them away for this hypothetical child. I think Bryan was ready a while ago. I was the one that wasn't on board yet. Am I ready now? I think so.
We are hoping to add another Carbol Carbol-Ritcey baby this year. Wish us luck!
***I wrote this post a couple of days ago, and have debated whether or not to post it. We let my mom and dad know this weekend that we had 'pulled the goalie' so to speak. I had to, as my dad had cracked open a lovely bottle of red that I was not going to be able to partake of, and had to say something. So, I am just going to put it out there. The support of our extended family and friends is very important to us, whether we are blessed with another right away or have to face some of the struggles close friends have gone through. We wouldn't be where we are today without that support, and we will need it as we continue on this next step of our journey as a family.***
Now back to our regularly scheduled posting.
Project 365- 18
***I wrote this post a couple of days ago, and have debated whether or not to post it. We let my mom and dad know this weekend that we had 'pulled the goalie' so to speak. I had to, as my dad had cracked open a lovely bottle of red that I was not going to be able to partake of, and had to say something. So, I am just going to put it out there. The support of our extended family and friends is very important to us, whether we are blessed with another right away or have to face some of the struggles close friends have gone through. We wouldn't be where we are today without that support, and we will need it as we continue on this next step of our journey as a family.***
Now back to our regularly scheduled posting.
Project 365- 18
4 comments:
Well, all I have to say is that I'm super excited. Not to mention the fact that midwives are covered by Alberta healthcare; you could have baby at home!
I do cloth with Kesler and love it! It's so easy and picking out the diapers was just like shopping for cute baby clothes. I got all of mine from littletreehugger.ca, they have a huge selection (she's in Beaumont) and they also sell a "sample" pack in case you aren't sure which brand you want.
Thanks Trellia! I would love to have a midwife, but hubby is nervous about that kind of thing and would want them to come with a fully equipped labor and delivery team. Sooo, ideally I would like to have a midwife but do the birth at a hospital. We shall see.
BirthSource is right around the corner from me, so that will be my first stop, but I will check out littletreehugger for sure.
Yay ! I will commission another blanket as soon as possible. Can't wait to hear the news .. "... another Carbol Carbol-Ritcey is on the way ... !!"
Thanks Auntie Blanket! I have colors in mind...it will have to be as different as possible from Miss Lily's to prevent sibling 'issues'.
Post a Comment